In this episode of Weightlifting Academy:
- Nick and Michael prove why Weightlifting Academy is not ever going to be like CNN’s CrossFire
- Are Low Bar Squats Better than High Bar Squats?
- Our friend, Justin Lascek, thinks so and Michael likes the argument
- Nick ain’t so sure
- We promote the ideas of “Practiced-based Evidence” and the “coach as scientist”
- Why Nick thinks Non-Strength Athletes might do better sticking to the Front Squat
- Why Michael isn’t so convinced
- How keeping an open mind is more important than having strong opinions
- What John Broz can teach you about how wimpy you are
- Does Michael have more than 5 fingers on his hand? Find out here …
- And for some reason … Nick can’t keep his hands off his soul-patch
NOTE: Nick said that his 41-year old Masters Lifter, Dave, gained 10k on his back squat in only 6 to 8 weeks using a John Broz inspired squat program. He’s wrong … Dave gained 20k on his squat in that time! Go Dave!!
Here’s a link to Justin Lascek’s excellent write up of the differences between the low bar and high bar back squat variations.