Our home office is a tad funny…
We’ve set it up outside in our driveway: a metal (fake black iron) table, a sun umbrella, lawn chairs, the dog tied up to the kids basketball hoop in the grass.
I’ve spent the last month out here, laptop literally on my lap, listening to a cool Cretan music station I found on my TuneIn app, sucking down pots of coffee and bowls of kim chee (don’t judge) hammering away, creating our new membership site.
My goals (as usual) have been quite lofty.
There is a sad dearth of organized, easy-to-access, step-by-step instruction material out there for Olympic Weightlifting.
And to make matters worse, finding an in-person coach is close to impossible for most people.
I’ve been testing out solutions to this issue for some time, and have learned a lot. The problem was that what I had in my head as an ideal way to connect with you and help you reach your goals was… complicated, from a technical standpoint.
Given that I am my own web-guy, that meant I had to figure out HOW in the world I was going to implement all of the features I wanted to really make Weightlifting Academy an ACADEMY of learning, complete will all the trappings one would find in any online learning school.
It’s taken me a lot of time, and a good amount of hair pulling trying to hack at the code to get it to do what I want… but it’s ready!
Welcome To The NEW Weightlifting Academy
The new members-only Samurai Training Grounds is open and ready for prime-time!
All current members can log in here.
Here’s what’s on the inside:
- The training forums where you will keep your training log and get your questions answered
- All of your bonus downloads (programs, technique guides, etc)
- (New!) Knowledge base/wiki – a community driven, on-going, strength training Q&A database (does Wikipedia even lift?)
- (New!) Topic-based learning groups – think of these as small-group tutoring/study areas dedicated to a particular interest area. (NOTE: There is also one dedicated just to our – nation-wide – competitive Olympic weightlifting team)
- (New!) The Samurai Lounge – An activity/status stream akin to Twitter and FB where members can share videos of their training, photos, links to interesting articles, or just have fun hanging out with each other.
- (New!) Beta-Tester Group – ever wondered how our (infamous?) programs and techniques get developed? Now you can be a part of the process and get in early!
- (New!) Private Mastermind Area – if you’re a mastermind member, you have a dedicated section just for you. Ain’t you special.
- (Coming Soon!) Member Workout Blogs – each member will get their own blog (like: you.WeightliftingAcademy.com) to log your workouts, get personal, and have fun (like Tumbler, but stronger) that will be deeply integrated into our community area.
- (Coming Soon!) The Samurai Strength Summit – A LIVE, members-only, 3-day event filled with seminars, clinics, guest coaches, and culminating in a “mock” contest. (Summer of 2014)
Not a member yet? Good timing!
BIG FAT SUMO SALE = 25% Off Everything
Use COUPON CODE = sumo25
- Basic Training Grounds Membership – 25% off for life
- Mastermind Membership – 25% off each month forever!
- Mastermind 365 Membership – 25% off your yearly rate, every year, for the rest of your natural life
- Ninja Mobility Clinic – LIVE 2-day event at the end of October (26th/27th)
We are just getting started, we’ve got some fantastic stuff coming your way, and we want you to be a part of it!
Your Links Of Shining Wisdom
- Renshu: Today’s Weightlifting WOD
- The Ninja Manatee Cooking Show: London Broil (It was damned good, just sayin’)
- Nick Horton Interview (replay) – The recording of my Breaking Muscle interview and live chat (You can see my new attempt at a beard, lol)
If you’re ready to make a change, now’s the time, my friend.
Now go lift something heavy,
PS. Thanks for all of your patience and feedback. It’s always been true – and always will be – that all of this is only possible because of our community working together.