- Shoulder dislocates with PVC or resistance bands
- Ys, Ts, Ws, Is on an exercise ball or bench with your own bodyweight; progress to 1-3 lb dumbbells or, 2.5 lb plates over time
- Roll out hips, hamstrings, quads, calves, lats, back, etc. using a foam roller, lacrosse ball, barbell or other mobility implement
Part II – Flow: Movement Patterns
- “The Holistic Athlete understands that movement is what the body, this glorious organic machine, is for, and that the point of that movement is to form a relationship with mind, soul, planet and tribe.” – Chip Conrad, Bodytribe Fitness
- Spend 3-5 minutes moving through different positions. Flow. Experiment. Draw from your childhood, yoga, karate, Parkour, or whatever movement disciplines you like.
Part III – Crash: Strength
Two rounds of:
- 10x pushups
- 10x single leg Romanian Deadlift (RDL) per leg
- 5x single leg squat per leg (Split squat, Bulgarian split squat, or pistol – wherever you are in the progression)
- 10x hip thrust or glute bridge
Total time should not exceed 15 minutes. Start with your own bodyweight or a very light weight. It’s a warmup and not a workout. Over time, you may be moving a more significant amount of weight on exercises like the single leg RDL and the hip thrust. But, the goal is to prepare yourself for your heavy training.